Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 288K vs 291C

  1. #1
    Inactive Member tonninger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2005
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello everybody,I would like to know which of these driver would be better for use in home hifi application.I am thinking about to swap from the 288K( 8 Ohm) to the 291C (16 Ohm)because then I
    have the HF Driver with the same impedance (16 Ohm)like the 416 for my VOTT Cabinet.
    Now I am not sure if this is a good idea.So far I was quite happy with the 288.What do you think?Any help is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The 288 diaphragm would be superior for home hifi application. The 291 is a symbiotik diaphragm and is more suited for PA application. It has higher power handling capacity but does not have as much high end extention and will not sound as sweet. If power handling is an issue use 299 pascalite diaphragms from GPA. If impedence is an issue just order new diaphragms. The drivers themselves are not really the big issue, in the earlier series the 291 and 288 are the same just different diaphragms.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member tonninger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2005
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello Steve,thanks for your reply.Would it be an improvement if I change to an aluminum
    diaphragm on the 291 instead of the pascalite?

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    YES!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.